Enrique Iglesias age 46, birth name Enrique Miguel Iglesias Preysler was born on May 8, 1975, in Madrid, Spain. He is the son of famous Spanish singer Julio Iglesias and is the youngest of three siblings. His mother Isabel Preysler is a renowned Madrid socialite. Enrique Iglesias net worth is $100 million as of 2021.
During his childhood, his grandfather was kidnapped and his parents fear his security too. So he was sent to live with his father in Miami. He was raised and parented mostly by his nanny named Elvira Olivares. He loved her as her own mother and dedicated his first album to her.
Inspired by his father, he started singing in his teenage and his first live performance was at his school Gulliver Private School in Miami, where he sang Hello, Dolly!. He then took his singing seriously and started writing songs as well. He kept performing at many Miami restaurants along with a small group of friends. His parents didn’t know about this.
READ ALSO: Lil Wayne age, net worth, daughter and songs
Enrique Iglesias height is around 1.87m.
Enrique Iglesias Girlfriends
The list of Enrique girlfriends is a bit smaller than many artists.
- Enrique Iglesias dated Samantha Torres (playboy model) in 1997.
- He had a fling with an actress named Christina Aguilera in 1998.
- He was rumored to date Jennifer Love Hewitt in 2001.
Enrique Iglesias and Anna Kournikova
He has been in a long-term relationship with Anna Kournikova since 2002. People rumored many times that they both got married but they never confirmed or denied the rumors. In an interview in 2010, Enrique told that they are in love with each other but they are not planning to marry in at least 8 years. Anna was a Russian former professional tennis player, and she is one of the most famous tennis stars around the world. Enrique Iglesias and Anna Kournikova have three kids together. They share twins named Nicholas Iglesias and Lucy Iglesias (born 16 December 2017) and they have a daughter Mary Iglesias born, 30 January 2020).
He has won numerous awards including Grammy Award for Best Latin Pop or Urban Album, Latin Grammy Award for Best Urban Song, Latin Grammy Award for Best Urban Fusion/Performance, Latin Grammy Award for Song of the Year, Grammy Award for Best Latin Pop or Urban Album, Billboard Music Award for Top Latin Song, Billboard Latin Music Award for Airplay Song of the Year, Latin Grammy Award for Best Male Pop Vocal Album, Billboard Latin Music Award for Latin Rhythm Song of the Year, NRJ Music Award of Honor, Billboard Latin Music Award for Tour of the Year, American Music Award for Favorite Artist Latin, World Music Award for World’s Best Selling Spanish Artist, Billboard Latin Music Award for Streaming Song of the Year and many more.
Here are some of the facts about Enrique, you might not know.
- He dedicated his first album to his beloved nanny, Elvira.
- He had an argument over his first album with his father and he left the house.
- He loves and respects his father.
- he has won 36 Billboards Latin Music Award, 23 Billboards Music Awards, 1 Grammy, 5 Latin Grammy, and many more.
- He was rejected by many records because of his name, he experimented with many names, Martinez is one of them.
- He worked with Universal music for decades but joined Sony Music in 2015.
- He got burned in a bathtub because of boilers. He went to Disney in a hospital bed.
- He still has burn scars on his thighs.
- He loves his dogs and considers them his most valuable possession.
- He once filed a case against Universal Music for paying him lesser streaming royalties.
- His most embarrassing moment was to fart in a movie theatre on his first date.
- He doesn’t like photo shoots.
- Whitney Houston and Enrique Iglesias recorded their first duet separately on different continents without even meeting.
- He got grounded for three months in his childhood for accidentally burning his dog.
- His song for the Wild Wild West movie starring Will Smith hit no.1 in US charts. The song was titled ‘Bailamos’ (We Dance).
- He almost dropped his famous song ‘Bailando’ but luckily, he didn’t.
- He is a philanthropist and has served numerous causes. He even released a charity album for Haiti earthquake support.
- He would never want to fix his past mistakes because he believes the lesson we learn from our mistakes makes us what we are.
- He had an iconic mole on his right cheek but he had to remove it because doctors predicted it could become cancerous.
- He holds Guinness Book of World record of ‘Longest stay at No.1 of the Hot Latin Songs chart,’ and also for the ‘Most, No.1 hits in the Hot Latin Songs chart.’
- Who would believe he still gets anxious before live performances.
- He recorded Heartbeat ‘India Remiz’.
- He once got in trouble with Sri Lankan president due to an event that happened in his live performance.
- US radio legend Howard Stern once shared a video where Enrique was a bit off-key. Enrique performed live two songs and became a young pop sensation.
- He often shares moments with his fans on stage by calling them. Once a fan in Azerbaijan couldn’t let him go but Enrique stopped the security and gently sent her back.
Enrique Iglesias albums which made him a star are as follows
- Enrique Iglesias (1995)
- Vivir (1997)
- Cosas Del Amor (1998)
- Enrique (1999)
- Escape (2001)
- Quizás (2002)
- 7 (2003)
- Insomniac (2007)
- Euphoria (2010)
- Sex and Love (2014)
After that, he featured in various singles and released compilation albums but no further album has been released by him after 2014.
READ ALSO: Chris Brown Net worth, Age, Songs and facts
Some of the best Enrique Iglesias songs are Bailando, Futbol & Rumba, Hero, Súbeme La Radio, El Perdedor, Duele El Corazón, Do You Know, EL BAÑO REMIX, I Like It, Finally Found You, Cuando Me Enamoro, Why Not Me, Somebody’s Me, Ring My Bells, Heartbeat, Tired Of Being Sorry, Be With You, Move To Miami, Loco, Rhythm Divine, Takin’ Back My Love, No Me Digas Que No, Lloro Por Ti, Después Que Te Perdí, Forgiveness, Escape, Noche Y De Día and many others.