Dwayne Michael Carter Jr. Lil Wayne age 39, was born in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1982. He grew up in a neighborhood called Hollygrove, which is one of the poorest and roughest parts of the city. He had a very rough childhood. Lil Wayne age was 11 when he started carrying a gun because of his neighborhood. Wayne pulled a knife on his stepfather Terry, though he didn’t hurt him Terry left the family after this incident. He finally got close to his second stepfather named ‘Rabbit’, he was the man he considered him as a father. But Lil Wayne’s age was 14 when he got murdered.
Lil Wayne aged 11 got his first project with record label Cash Money Records. His first album was named True Story. Lil Wayne mother, Jacida Carter, was not in favor of the Cash Money Records as she was suspicious that many rappers had criminal records. She insisted to focus on school for two years.
Wayne was a bright student and scored straight A’s in public school. He earned his high school diploma by passing the GED test. He then went to college at the University of Houston. He was very serious when he went to college but when he realized his rapping career needed him more he left Houston and took online classes for his Bachelor’s degree from the University of Phoenix.
Lil Wayne age was 17 when he started his solo career. His first album titled The Block is Hot. The album earned him the “Best New Artist Award” from Source magazine. That album didn’t have any swearing in it because his mom asked him to watch his language.
Lil Wayne age is 39 and Lil Wayne net worth is $150 million.
Lil Wayne Girlfriends, Relationships and Children
- Lil Wayne age was 16 when his high school girlfriend Antonia Johnson (14 years) got pregnant. They married in 2004 and got divorced in 2006. But they remained good friends as forever and raised their daughter Reginae together.
- In 2008, Lil Wayne had a date with Sarah Vivian one time whom he met at a club. In only one date he got her pregnant and now they have a son together named Dwayne Carter III.
- Wayne also had a short-term relationship with an actress named Lauren London in 2009. She got pregnant with his third child. They have a son together named Cameron Carter. As her previous baby mama’s, London was also a teenager. She was 15 years old at the time. Lil Wayne and Lauren London got engaged too, but eventually, they broke up.
- Wayne dated a singer Nivea B. Hamilton in 2009, she got pregnant with his fourth baby. The couple also got engaged for a short span of time, and they also recorded a song together titled, “She Feelin Me,” but they broke up. Lil Wayne and Nivea have a son together named Neal Carter.
- It was rumored in 2014 that Lil Wayne and Christina Millian are dating and they confirmed the news in mid-2015. The interconnected exes made their relationship very controversial. They broke up at the end of 2015.
- He dated La’Tecia Thomas after that and they got engaged in October of 2019 but they called off the engagement in May 2020.
- Lil Wayne and Denise Bidot (a plus-sized model) are now dating. Lil Wayne Instagram post made the news official in June 2020.
He has won numerous awards among which Grammy Award For Best Rap Song, Grammy Award For A Best Rap Album, Grammy Award For Best Rap Performance, Grammy Award For Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group, BET Award For Viewer’s Choice, BET Hip-Hop Award, Billboard Music Award For Top Male Artist, Billboard Music Award For Top Rap Album, BET Award For Video Of The Year, MTV Video Music Award For Hip-Hop Video Many Times, Teen Choice Awards and many others.
READ ALSO: Chris Brown Net worth, Age, Songs and facts
Some of the interesting facts you might not know about Lil Wayne
- His previous stage name was “Shrimp Daddy”.
- Lil Wayne tattoos are 86 in total.
- His favorite food is macaroni and potato salad.
- His favorite color is red.
- His favorite movie is Gremlins.
- Her daughter Reginae Carter is also a rapper.
- He went to jail six times.
- Lil Wayne height is 1.65m.
- He tattooed an entire verse of his song on his leg.
- He is practicing Roman Catholic.
- In 2014 he started his YouTube channel.
- He earns an average of $600,000 when he performs publically.
- He has his own brand of clothing line named TRUKFIT.
- He also owns a watch brand Wize and Ope.
- He owns a charity foundation One Family Foundation, which helped many families after Hurricane Katrina.
- Obama was a big fan of Lil Wayne.
- Lil Wayne has credits over 60 movies and TV shows.
- He also had an endorsement deal with Mountain Dew.
- He doesn’t write the lyrics as he thinks it blocks creativity.
- His favorite band is Nirvana.
- He has a tattoo dedicated to Jay-Z.
- He listens to other genres of music and doesn’t listen to his competitive rappers.
- Lil Wayne has had multiple seizures in his life due to epilepsy.
- His real name is Dwayne but he dropped the D.
- He is a mentor of Nicki Minaj and Rihanna.
- He loves to skateboard, it works as a therapy for him.
- He was sentenced one year in prison for weapons and drug possession.
- He spent his time in jail playing UNO.
- His records sold out even more than before after spending time in jail.
- He became CEO of the record label he started his career with that is “Cash Money Record”.
- Lil Wayne age was 11 when he had his first girlfriend.
- He was part of a boys group “The Hot Boys”.
- He has won 5 Grammy awards with 24 nominations.
- Lil Wayne aged 12 accidentally shot himself in the chest. The bullet missed the heart by two inches and was out from his back. He went on life support for two weeks.
Lil Wayne albums that won hearts of millions are as follows
- The Block Is Hot (1999)
- Lights Out (2000)
- 500 Degreez (2002)
- The Carter (2004)
- The Carter II (2005)
- Like Father, Like Son (2006)
- The Carter III (2008)
- Rebirth (2010)
- I Am Not A Human Being (2010)
- The Carter IV (2011)
- I Am Not A Human Being II (2013)
- Free Weezy Album (2015)
- The Carter V (2018)
- Funeral (2020)
Some of the best Lil Wayne songs are Lollipop, Sucker For Pain, How To Love, A Milli, 6 Foot 7 Foot, Mirror, Mrs. Officer, She Will, Forever, Love Me, Featuring, Go DJ, Scared Of The Dark, No Frauds, Right Above It Blunt Blowin, Uproar, John, Drop The World, Stuntin’ Like My Daddy, Leather So Soft, Fuck Up Some Commas, I’m Me, Got Money, 3 Peat, Best Rapper Alive, Mona Lisa, Money On My Mind, Mama Mia, Believer, Fireman, Drop The World and many more.
His upcoming album is The Carter VI. The release date of which is not announced yet.