Lionel Messi age 34 was born in Rosario, Argentina on 24th June 1987. His zodiac sign is Cancer. As of 2021, Lionel Messi Net Worth is Euro 309 Million ($400 M). Lionel Messi is a well-known soccer player who plays for FC Barcelona and Argentina National Team.
Let’s check out Lionel Messi Net Worth, Age, Wife, achievements and some interesting facts.
Lionel Messi Family and Education:
Lionel Messi was brought up in the working-class family. His father Jorge Messi was worked in a steel factory as a worker, and his mother Celia Maria Cuccittini was worked as a part-time cleaner.
In siblings, he has two elder brothers Rodrigo Messi who is Messi’s manager and Matias Messi manager of Messi’s professional brand, and a younger sister Maria Sal Messi who is a social media influencer.
Lionel Messi got married on June 30, 2017, with Model and dietician Anotonella Roccuzzo both have three sons, Thiago Messi Roccuzzo, Mateo Messi Roccuzzo and Ciro Messi Roccuzzo.
Lionel Messi didn’t attend school an18d college.
At an early age, he started playing football with his elder brothers and with their friends. A Rosario-based club “Youth system of Newell’s old boys” recruited him at age of 8.
He was shorter than most of his kids’ age group. Unfortunately at age of 11. He was diagnosed by doctors that he is suffering from a hormone deficiency. That’s the main cause of his growth. Messi belongs to a middle-class family, his parents can’t afford his expensive growth hormone injections.
Argentina local club, River plate were interested in signing him but don’t want to pay his medical expenses.
However, Messi gave trial with Barcelona, due to unmatched performance coach Carles Rexach impressed and singed him and also willing to pay for his medications in Spain.
“I made a lot of sacrifices by leaving Argentina, leaving my family to start a new life. But everything I did, I did for football, to achieve my dream. That’s why I didn’t go out partying, or do a lot of other things.” – Lionel Messi
After the contract. He moved to Spain. Due to his progress, at age of 16, he did the first appearance in the 2004/05 season and become the youngest player to score a goal in the league.
That same year he played under-20 in the world cup and led Argentina to the title, scoring two penalty kicks against the Nigeria team.
In 2009, he drove Barcelona to the new height of success and scored 47 goals in all matches. Barcelona secured two back-to-back runner-up finishes. Champions League, La Liga, and Spanish super cup titles. The same year he managed to get his first FIFA “World Player of the year” Honor/Ballon d’Or award.
Amazingly Messi continued to improve and touching new heights of success and leading Barcelona to win La Liga and Spanish super cup Championships in 2010 and 2011 also 11 Champion league title.
In 2012, Messi became the first soccer player who scores five goals in a Champions League. A few weeks later he became the all-time leading soccer of Barcelona, also he broke the record of Cesar Rodriguez’s club record of 232 goals.
In January 2013, he broke another record and become the FIFA Ballon d’Or winner for the fourth time.
Messi height is (5 Feet, 7 Inches) combined with an outstanding ball and attacking style. Messi’s hair and eye color are black.
Messi is a Non-vegetarian and he loves the Argentine traditional dish Milanesa Napolitana. It consists of a variety of ingredients like ham, salt, oregano, fried beef, chopped tomatoes, onions, cheese, and sugar.
Cars, Properties, and Net worth:
As of 2021, Lionel Messi Net Worth is £309 million ($400m). He owns a huge car collection in which he has Ferrari 335S Scaglietti Spider, Ferrari F430 Spider, Maserati Granturismo, Audi Q7, Audi R8, Audi R8 GT, Mini Cooper Cabriolet, Dodge Charger SRT8, Range Rover Velar, and Toyota Prius.
Messi owns one house in Argentina and two luxury houses in Barcelona.
Marriage and Relationships:
Messi doesn’t have a long list of girlfriends. In 2007, he came into a relationship with model and dietician Antonella Roccuzzo. After almost 10 years of relationship both got married on June 30, 2017.
Some interesting facts about Messi:
- Carles Rexach (FC Barcelona Sporting Director) was impressed with Messi’s performance. he wanted to do a contract immediately and there was no paper available so he did contract with Messi on a paper napkin.
- He is a goodwill ambassador for UNICEF.18
- In 2012, Messi become the all-time leading scorer for Barcelona at age of 24.
- when he was just 20 years old Messi got the nickname “Messiah” for Spanish media after his outstanding performance.
- In 2011, Messi become captain of the Argentina national team.
- On May 31, 2016, A tax fraud case begins against Messi and his father.
- On January 13, 2019, Messi scores his 400th Spanish league goal in his 435th appearance. Still, he is the top scorer in La Liga.
- In May 2020, Messi is ranked No.3 on Forbes’s annual list of the world’s highest-paid athletes with whopping earnings of $ 104 Million.
Messi achievements, Awards and Records:
- He won two FIFA ballon d’Or winner at age of 23, 24.
- 2009, 2011, 2015 he won UEFA best player in Europe awards.
- 2009-2013 and in 2015 La Liga best player
- In 2009 he won FIFA World Player of the year.
- 2009, 2010, 11, 15 and in 2019 won FIFA Ballon d’Or award.
- In 2010-2013 and in 2017, 2018 he won European Golden Boot.
- In the 2014 FIFA World Cup Golden Ball.
- In 2011 and 2015 he won the UEFA Men’s player of the year award.
- From 2008 till 2015 he won Le Liga’s best player.
- In 2008 and 2011 he won FIFA Club World Cup Golden Ball.
- In 2009, 2011 he won (MVP) award FIFA Club World Cup Final most valuable player.
- In 2015, Messi is the only player who won more than once the FIFA Club World Cup Golden award.
- Messi is the top goal scorer in La Liga (312 Goals)
- He won most La Liga best player award (2009-2013 and in 2015)
- He scored most Hat-Tricks in a La Liga season (2011-2013) shared with Cristiano Ronaldo.
Apart from these achievement, awards and records. He own many other awards and honors.
Lionel Messi Quotes:
Here are some quotes of Lionel Messi.
“I am lucky, I live by my passion and there are a lot of people who work, doing what they don’t like and are badly paid for that.” —Lionel Messi
“I wasn’t teased as a child for my size. In fact, I think I had more affection because I was small.” —Lionel Messi
“Something deep in my character allows me to take the hits and get on with trying to win. I’ve always had this ability to get up and get on with it.” —Lionel Messi
“I’ve never stopped being Argentine, and I’ve never wanted to. I feel very proud of being Argentine, even though I left there. I’ve been clear about this since I was very young, and I never wanted to change.” —Lionel Messi
“I have fun like a child in the street. When the day comes when I’m not enjoying it, I will leave football.” —Lionel Messi
“I made sacrifices by leaving Argentina, leaving my family to start a new life. I changed my friends, my people. Everything. But everything I did, I did for football, to achieve my dream.” —Lionel Messi
“I am competitive and I feel bad when we lose. You can see it in me when we’ve lost. I’m in a bad way. I don’t like to talk to anyone.” —Lionel Messi
“Whether it’s a friendly match, or for points, or a final, or any game — I play the same. I’m always trying to be my best, first for my team, for myself, for the fans, and to try and win.” —Lionel Messi
“Every time I start a year, I start with the objective of trying to achieve everything, without comparing it to how I’ve done in other seasons.” —Lionel Messi
If you like this article about Lionel Messi Net Worth, Age, Wife, and achievements, comment down below and we will be uploading more of your favorite sports persons’ articles.