Are you still trying to understand the storyline of Marvel’s Eternals? Are you planning to watch this movie? Do you want to know why Marvel’s Eternals is the biggest movie of this year, read this article till the end and we will tell you why it is worth all the hype!
The third film in the MCU’s Phase Four releasing on Nov 5, 2021. MCU has been delaying the release of several movies in 2020, including the most anticipated Black Widow. Surprisingly, MCU is releasing one of the biggest movies of 2021 with faces you were dying to see on-screen including Kit Harington, Angelina Jolie, Richard Madden, Salma Hayek, and Kumail Nanjiani. This movie is a special treat for Game of Thrones fans because Madden and Harington will be seen together on the same team!
THREE MAIN GROUPS
The three main groups to be seen in this movie are the
- Immortal Celestials – Architects of Existence or you can say creators in the fictional world of Eternals.
- Immortal Eternals – The 10 heroes that work for the Celestials to protect humankind. But Eternals are not allowed to interfere in any human matters/conflicts that doesn’t involve Deviants.
- Immortal Deviants – Human kind’s ancient enemy since the beginning of time. Infact they are actually deadly parasitic predators, that have evolved with time and has taken several shapes, while no two deviants look alike!
Now coming to the Superpowers (or in the language of creators, cosmic power) that our beloved Eternals possess! All of their unique powers have been derived from the same source of cosmic power. The Eternals can come together and amplify their powers and create a Uni-Mind that amplifies their power.
- Sersi (Gemma Chan)- power to manipulate matter.
- Thena (Angelina Jolie) – manifesting weapons with hands.
- Ikaris (Richard Madden) – shoots lasers from eyes and also has the power of flight.
- Kingo (Kumail Nanjiani) – can blast beams from his arms
- Sprite (Lia McHugh)– can cast convincing illusions
- Makkari (Lauren Ridloff)- a speedster mind and body
- Ajak (Salma Hayek)– a healer
- Gilgamesh (Don Lee) – strongest of all with superhuman strength.
- Phastos (Brian Tyree Henry) – a technopath, he can create or you can say invent anything he wants from the technology around him.
- Druig (Barry Keoghan)– uses cosmic energy to control human mind.
Are you thinking we have missed Kit Harington? No, we haven’t!
He is playing Dane Whitman, a human ally of the Eternals. In the newest trailer, it can be seen that Dave Whitman has encountered the Deviant for the first time!
Fighters and Thinkers!
Ivo Coveney, the costume effects supervisor has beautifully divided categorized the Eternals into fighters, and thinkers while talking to Screenrant. He has beautifully divided the two groups based on their physical and mental strengths. As some of them possess physical cosmic powers, and some of them have cosmic brain powers.
Two Time Periods
The movie takes place in two time periods. One in the past as a family and unbreakable team. While the team seems a bit scattered in the present version where they put their differences aside and come together to fight the deviants.
Well, let’s see how Marvel’s Eternals will meet our expectations in theatres on November 5.