Ricky Martin age 50 birth name Enrique Martin Morales in Hato Rey, Puerto Rico on 25 Dec 1971. Ricky Martin kids made him a family person as he is today. He is in fact a Jr. because his dad’s name is also Enrique. Ricky’s mother Nereida Morales is an accountant and his father Enrique is a psychologist. Ricky Martin parents got separated when he was just 2 years old.
His parent’s divorce was not less than hell for him, as his dad once asked him to choose between him and his mom. He didn’t talk to his father for more than a decade. Ricky loved music from the very start. He listened to all kinds of music. He and his brother loved rock music.
He was a performer by birth ad he loved playing part in choir and local plays. His mom introduced him to Latin music, she got tired of rock and took them to the Celia Cruz concert. It left a mark on Ricky Martin.
READ ALSO: Wiz Khalifa net worth, Age, Songs and facts
He was very comfortable in front of the camera and when he was 6 he was working in commercials. He joined singing and acting classes at a very young age.
Ricky Martin Menudo
He auditioned for Menudo (a Latin boy band; meaning “something small or change”) and got rejected twice for being too young and small, but he went to audition for the third time and he got lucky. He became a heartthrob performer around the world. With Menudo, he traveled around the world and got recognized.
He traveled all over South America and to Italy, the U.S., Guam, Japan, the Philippines, and Spain. He stayed with Menudo for five years and was recording and performing all the time. He said that the band disciplined him.
After leaving Menudo he graduated from high school and shifted to New York to study and to discover his hidden fame. He took a one-year break. Ricky re-joined the world of music as a solo artist by signing with Sony records.
His first album ‘Ricky Martin’ got him great reviews and records in Chile, Argentina, Mexico, Puerto Rice, and the U.S. His second album was ‘Me Amaras’ which was released in 1993, and the same year he tried his luck in acting and got the role in ‘General Hospital’ as Miguel.
He instantly became a television heartthrob. After that, he snagged a role as Marius in of “Les Misérables” by Broadway production
Ricky Martin Girlfriends
- He dated Argentina’s tennis player Gabriela Sabatini in 1992 for around 5 months. Gabriela once said that it was the craziest relationship of her life.
- He then dated Alejandra Guzmán (Puerto Rican singer) in 1992. She broke up and Martin felt quite bad about it.
- Ricky Martin and Rebecca de Alba dated from 1994-2005. They dated on and off for around 14 years. He called her a perfect woman.
- Ricky was rumored to be dating Ines Misan from 2000-2002, but Ricky insisted they are good friends
- He is also rumored to be dating Alessandra Ambrosio in 2004.
Ricky Martin and Carlos Gonzalez
It was the first public relation after he turned out to be gay. Rickey martin kids were born during this relationship. They dated for six years 2008-2014.
Ricky Martin and Jwan Yosef
Ricky Martin and Jwan Yosef started dating and got engaged in November of 2016. Ricky is planning a dream wedding in Puerto Rico. Ricky Martin husband to be, Jwan Yosef is a Swedish painter and artist. He was born in Syria and is an expert in plastic arts based in London. They recently welcomed a daughter.
Ricky Martin Kids
Ricky Martin kids are named Lucia Martin-Yosef (born 2018), Renn Martin-Yosef (Oct 2019), and his twins Matteo Martin and Valentino Martin.
He won many awards some of which are Latin Recording Academy Person of the Year, Grammy Award for Best Latin Pop or Urban Album, MTV Video Music Award for Best Pop Video, Lo Nuestro Award for Video of the Year, Latin Grammy Award for Best Long Form Music Video, MTV Europe Music Award for Best Male, Billboard Music Award for Top Male Artist and many others.
Some of the fun facts about Ricky Martin are
- His zodiac sign is Capricorn.
- Ricky’s dad called him with nickname Kiki.
- He loves to do yoga.
- He is a true dog lover.
- Ricky Martin kids made him take a break from his career to focus on parenting.
- His favorite movie is “The Godfather”.
- He believes intelligence is the biggest quality of a person.
- He loves skydiving.
- Ricky Martin height is 1.83m.
- He believes his best quality is his honesty and worst is his stubbornness.
- He is very romantic and he believes a rose can save you 1000 words.
- He served as an altar boy before he got signed by Menudo.
- He studies every religion. He has even Pope John Paul II.
- He doesn’t like to talk about his private life.
- Robert De Niro is his favorite actor.
- Ricky Martin net worth is $120 million.
- His favorite designer is Georgio Armani.
- He loves Puerto Rican food.
- He dubbed the Spanish version of ‘Hercules’ by Disney.
- His major singing success was his fourth album which sold six million copies worldwide.
- He sold 18 million copies as a solo artist.
- Rin 1996 he performed in front of his largest audience that was 275000, in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- His Grammy Award’s performance in 1999 was watched by more than a billion viewers in 187 countries. He performed “La Copa de la Vida.”
- “La Copa de la Vida” meaning “The Cup Of Life” was the official song of the World Cup France 1998. The song reached no.1 on music charts of 30 countries.
- He loved to sing in Spanish but he wanted to sing an album in English as well. His album in English took him two years to release because he wanted to make it the best.
- He loves his single “Livin’ La Vida Loca”.
- He believes he is a perfectionist.
- He recently turned down a movie with Jennifer Lopez titled “West Side Story,” because he believed that the movie promoted the negative stereotypes of Puerto Rican people.
- He was given advice to not work with Madonna, because of their contrasting singing styles.
- The song was ‘Be Careful’, Madonna wrote the lyrics, and Martin changed some of them into Spanish.
- He did yoga to calm his nerves before his famous Grammy performance.
- He prefers to support AIDS awareness because many of his friends had this disease.
- He says to himself “I’m flying, I’m flying” on every success.
Ricky Martin albums that made him an instant hit are
- Ricky Martin (1991)
- Me Amaras (1993)
- A Medio Vivir(1995)
- Ricky Martin (1999)
- Sound Loaded (2000)
- Almas Del Silencio (2003)
- Life (2005)
- Música + Alma + Sexo (2011)
- A Quien Quiera Escuchar (2015)
Some of the best Ricky Martin songs are Livin’ La Vida Loca – Spanish Version, she bangs, maria, La Copa de la Vida, Nobody want sto be lonely, La Mordidita, Recuerdo, Falta Amor, Tu recuerdo, Pégate, Private emotion, I don’t care, tiburones, come with me, I don’t care, Fuego de noche, nieve de dia, extraño, te olvido, te amo, Shake your bon-bon, No Importa La Distancia, Fiebre, She’s all I ever had, Adiós, The Best Thing About Me Is You and many others.